Delaware Annuity Information
Delaware Department of Insurance
The mission of Delaware Department of Insurance is protecting Delawareans through regulation and education while providing oversight of the insurance industry to best serve the public.
- Protect insurance consumers
- Regulate companies to ensure ability to pay claims
- Review, approve, and/or disapprove rates submitted by insurance companies
- Prosecute insurance fraud
- License agents and brokers
- Save businesses money on premium costs
- Assist Medicare-eligible seniors
Karen Weldin Stewart was elected in 2008 and re-elected in 2012 as the 25th insurance commissioner in Delaware history. In 2014, the most recent data available, the Delaware Department of Insurance ranked 10th in the U.S. in total written insurance premium, and regulated companies with more than $620 billion in assets. The DOI is the largest consumer protection agency in the state.
Commissioner Stewart's Delaware roots go back to the 1600's when her Quaker ancestors immigrated to America. Commissioner Stewart was reared in Claymont and is the daughter of the late Walter J. Weldin and Concepcion Fernandez Weldin. She is a graduate of Claymont High School and Brandywine College.
Commissioner Stewart also serves on 37 task forces, working groups, and committees of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, including the prestigious Accreditation Committee. She serves on numerous NAIC supervisory colleges, which facilitate oversight of internationally active insurance companies.
Consumers in Delaware can find a number of annuity resources on the Delaware Department of Insurance website at http://delawareinsurance.gov/annuities/default.shtml. The information includes tips on purchasing annuities, a glossary of annuity terms and a section on the types of questions annuity investors should ask before purchasing any type of annuity. There is also a section that provides information specifically for senior and retired investors. The main office of the Delaware Department of Insurance is located in Dover, DE and can be reached by calling (302) 674-7300.
|State Commissioner:||Karen Weldin Stewart|
|Insurance Hotline:||(302) 739-4251|
|Annuity Guarantee Limit:||$100,000|
- Fixed Annuity Features
- Fixed Annuity Performance
- Finding the Best Fixed Annuity
- Fixed Annuity Disadvantages
- Fixed Annuity Pitfalls
- Immediate Fixed Annuities
- Deferred Annuities
- Multi-Year Guaranteed Annuities
- Equity Indexed Annuity Features
- Equity Indexed Annuity Performance
- Finding the Best Equity Indexed Annuity
- Equity Indexed Annuity Disadvantages
Annuity Calculator & Quotes
If you are considering buying an annuity, let us run you a free, no obligation quote to give you a better idea of what you can expect. You can also contact a local annuity specialist to answer any specific questions you may have.