Wisconsin Annuity Information
Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
Annuity regulation in Wisconsin is overseen by the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance. The Office of the Commissioner of Insurance has been vested with broad powers to ensure that the insurance industry responsibly and adequately met the insurance needs of Wisconsin citizens. Today, OCI's mission is to lead the way in informing and protecting the public and responding to its insurance needs.
TheOCI provides consumers with a wealth of information on a wide variety of insurance topics. OCI strives to maintain the most up-to-date information available on insurance regulation and company information so that the public is better informed on insurance in Wisconsin.
OCI performs a variety of tasks to protect insurance consumers and ensure a competitive insurance environment. Just some of the consumer services offered by OCI include:
- Reviewing insurance policies that are sold in Wisconsin to ensure they meet the state requirements.
- Examining foreign and domestic insurers to be sure they are in complete compliance with Wisconsin laws and rules;
- Keeping tabs of the financial solvency of licensed companies to make sure that consumers have the insurance coverage they were promised, when they need it.
- Creating and distributing information and consumer education pieces designed to help educate consumers about annuities and other insurance products sold in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Annuity Resources:
The insurance law, s. 601.20, Wis. Stat., authorizes the Commissioner of Insurance to create advisory councils and committees to assist in dealing with regulatory problems. The Commissioner is to provide by rule for the creation, governance, duties, and termination of any council or committee that is established. The expert advice provided the Commissioner through these councils results in more efficient regulation of the insurance industry to the benefit of insurance consumers and insurers.
|State Commissioner:||Ted Nickel|
|Insurance Hotline:||(800) 236-8517|
|Annuity Guarantee Limit:||$300,000|
|Links:||Consumer's Guide To Annuities|
- Fixed Annuity Features
- Fixed Annuity Performance
- Finding the Best Fixed Annuity
- Fixed Annuity Disadvantages
- Fixed Annuity Pitfalls
- Immediate Fixed Annuities
- Deferred Annuities
- Multi-Year Guaranteed Annuities
- Equity Indexed Annuity Features
- Equity Indexed Annuity Performance
- Finding the Best Equity Indexed Annuity
- Equity Indexed Annuity Disadvantages
Annuity Calculator & Quotes
If you are considering buying an annuity, let us run you a free, no obligation quote to give you a better idea of what you can expect. You can also contact a local annuity specialist to answer any specific questions you may have.